Dental Extraction Care
To reduce pain, bleeding and promote healing:
- Keep the pressure pack in place for the next 15 minutes.
- Do NOT rinse your mouth for at least 4 hours. After 4 hours, GENTLY rinse with either CURASEPT antibacterial rinse or ½ glass of luke warm water with a ½ teaspoon of salt added to it; especially after meals.
- Avoid HOT foods/liquids, alcohol and smoking for the first 24 hours.
- Take analgesics and antibiotics as advised.
- Avoid chewing whilst numb. After numbness has gone choose luke warm liquids and soft foods and chew away from extraction site.
- If bleeding recurs, apply pressure with a clean damp teabag on the socket for at least 15 minutes.
- If significant bleeding continues contact the dentist. If unavailable, contact your medical practitioner or after hours medical care on 6288 1711 or The Canberra Hospital on 6244 2222.
Are you looking for quality dental care? Contact us today to book your appointment with Dr Cheesman.